Re: Let's work together!

	Hi !

Le mercredi 25 octobre 2006 14:31, Alexis Sukrieh a écrit :
> That team needs help, so if you're interested in giving a hand, feel
> free to join!

As a member of the mediawiki packagin team, I feel interested about this!

For mediawiki, we are about to produce a package helping admin setting up
multisite installation when the original software was not designed for it...

Quickly, this is a perl script using fuse that allow mounting a mixed loopback
filesystem where static files are differenciated for customizable files.
Then, customizable files go to a given place, and you get a new mountpoint
where you can point your webserver to, to get the new webapp.
The cool part being that static files are updated when the main package is
updated, and that all of this depends on standards system calls, so it feets
any situation..
You can grab a test package there:
http://www.rastageeks.org/~toots/mediawiki/selective-loopback_0.1_all.deb

I would like to know if you have a policy for multi-site installation, this
would be helpfull to get this to work correctly.

Romain
--
while ( love & passion ) {
for( fight = 0 ; rights < freedom ; rights++ )