Re: docs updated, working copy of php draft now available online

The phpmyadmin doesn't need any library. What if the application requires PEAR library? Should it add:

php_value include_path /usr/local/share/php5:/usr/local/share/php:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php

to the .htaccess? I guess, not, becase the path list could be different, i.e. I would like to add /usr/local/share/php5.1 to the path list, if I've installed PHP 5.1 on my system by hand. Or shouldn't we set this path list for each PHP application?

This is possible,, but I think that is not good. because I can use phpmyadmin with php4 or php5.

well,  we need to put in php.ini of php4.
include_path = ".:/usr/share/php4:/usr/share/php4/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/share/php4:/usr/local/share/php4/pear:/usr/local/share/php"

and for php5
include_path = ".:/usr/share/php5:/usr/share/php5/pear:/usr/share/php:/usr/local/share/php5:/usr/local/share/php5/pear:/usr/local/share/php"

or something like it.

If administrator, delete this line , we can do nothing,,, I think app like phpmyadmin can use default include_path. Now run like this. If app need other libs,, or something else,, mantainer of it, can solve with dependencies and changing code in app.

We will have some errors if app use include("/usr/share/php/PEAR.php") or something else,, to solve it,, we open bug against app.

I think to keep backward compability is very difficult,, because php4 wil change a lot,, now we will have php5 ,,
I think  dependencies will solve our problems with backward..

Jose Carlos