Re: docs updated, working copy of php draft now available online

> I'm using something like this:
>
>  pear \
>      -v \
>      -c $(pwd)/.pearrc \
>      -d bin_dir=/usr/bin \
>      -d doc_dir=/usr/share/php/docs \
>      -d php_dir=/usr/share/php \
>      -d data_dir=/usr/share/php/data \
>      -d php_bin=/usr/bin/php \
>      -d test_dir=/usr/share/php/tests \
>      -d include_path=/usr/share/php \
>      install --installroot=$(pwd)/tmp --force --nodeps package.xml

We should definitely provide a simpler interface to this command. :-)

> But... The PEAR policy is not compatible with Debian policy - I mean
> documentation, examples and tests location, so next step is real magic:

> I'm afraid that it is not possible to make easier this task.

Piotr,

While I admire your code, I think it would be easier to discuss it if
you explicitely enumerated the steps you perform (in English instead of
code), and outlined the specific technical/policy issues motivating each
step. I think that will make it easier to discuss, which we should
definitely do if this is going to become more official.

Charles

--
The whale
Put Jonah