Re: docs updated, working copy of php draft now available online

Charles Fry escreveu:

Well, I went back and reread this entire thread, and I guess I had
partially misunderstood some of the propositions. With the better
understanding that I have now, I am in complete agreement with Piotr.

As a result, here are my new comments about the PHP Policy Draft:

  4.1.2: Instead, this should read "PHP PEAR library packages must not
  register and unregister themselves in the pear package management
  system. On the other hand, 'pear install -R DIR package.xml' can
  [should?] be called from 'debian/rules'."

Another implication of this (if I correctly understand Piotr) is that
Pear modules should not include any .registry files. Is that correct?

Maybe we can ask if Pear Group can change pear to read more than one directory in option "php_dir" .

We can keep registry files , because if we find a way to integrate /usr/share/php and /usr/local/share/php..
these files  are very small,  and dont represent a big problem :)