Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

Usually they stay in separate subdirectory (i.e. adodb, pdflib, WACT, smarty) so I don't see any problem.

See:

deb http://people.debian.org/~dexter php5.1 experimental

This is my proof of concept:

# dpkg -l php\*pear
|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err:uppercase=bad)
||/ Name               Version            Description
+++-==================-==================-================
ii php-pear 5.0.4-3 PEAR - PHP Extension and Application ii php5.1-pear 5.0.999-5.1.0b3-0. PEAR - PHP Extension and Application

# pear config-show | grep 'PEAR directory'
PEAR directory                 php_dir         /usr/share/php
# pear5.1 config-show | grep 'PEAR directory'
PEAR directory                 php_dir         /usr/local/share/php
# pear5.1 list
(no packages installed)
# pear5.1 install -a DB
downloading DB-1.7.6.tar ...
Starting to download DB-1.7.6.tar (-1 bytes)

So a three installations of PEAR exists in system peacefully. The first is official php5 Debian package, the second is my php5.1 package and the third is package manually installed into /usr/local/share/php.

Hi, Piotr

If I would like to package one pear module,   example  DB.
I will use dh-make-php DB.tgz    , or something else.
DB is compatible with php4 and php5,,, then files will be put in /usr/share/php/db ?

and if DB just works with >= php5 ? files will be put in /usr/share/php5 ?
is this correct ?

Jose Carlos