Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

Piotr Roszatycki escreveu:

`pear list' shouldn't lists bundled libraries. I think it should list only manually installed packages (`pear install') from /usr/local/share/php.

I think there is no conflict between php4 and php5 packages, even for PEAR. As far as php4 and php5 binaries has own suffix, pear4 and pear5 binaries can exists, too.

Even that, there can be php5.1 packages which won't conflicts with php5 packages. They just have to be installed in own path.

Of course, it will work if PHP maintainers implement such features. They have to accept this policy...

1-
I need to install one pear package that havent a deb package, example "cache". But cache depends of "Archive_Tar" that was installed by deb package ( and is invisible by pear list) I will receive an error message of dependence.
2-
hum, we can have problem if one lib have 2 versions, one to php4 and second to php5. example : adodb for php4 and adodb for php5.
how we solve these problems ?

are you writing current php pear policy ?

--
José Carlos do Nascimento <josecarlos.nascimento@varig.com>
Analista de Sistemas