Re: [PHP] Standard placement of PHP libraries?

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 10:51:47AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 05:58:13PM +0100, Neil McGovern wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 28, 2005 at 06:22:43PM -0300, Jose Carlos do Nascimento wrote:
> > > There was one policy for php libs  ?
> > > And about PEAR libs ?
>
> > We're currently hammering something out on the debian-webapps mailing
> > list.
>
> Why in God's name are you doing that?  The charter for debian-webapps is web
> *application* packages, not "packages implemented in PHP or providing PHP
> bindings that may or may not be used by web application packages".

I think it's because the list originally came from Bug #264069 [0]
ie: a suggestion for a php specific mailing list.
Probably also because there isn't any other place where it seems to be
happening.

I'm also not really sure where else it could belong.

>AFAIK, none of the comaintainers of the actual PHP packages
> are subscribed to that list.

However, the author and maintainer of dh-make-php [1] is :)

There is a thread [2] at the moment about expanding the membership to
ensure that everyone is included.

Cheers,
Neil

[1] http://packages.debian.org/unstable/web/dh-make-php
   __
 .Ž  `. neilm@debian.org
 `. `Ž  gpg: B345BDD3
   `-   Please don't cc, I'm subscribed to the list