Re: Should webapp enable an apache module if needed?

hi tore, uwe,

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 12:48:01PM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:
> > What if the package is deinstalled? Should it deactivate the module?
> > I guess not, since others may need it.
>
>   A package should never change the configuration of another package,
>  at least not without asking a question that defaults to "no".

as a general rule, i'd say this is true.  however, the debian-apache
team provides a script called "apache-modconf" which you could probably
use to query/prompt/load mod_rewrite if necessary.  i'm not sure i'm
totally okay with how apache-modconf works (autogenerating a file
in /etc that says "don't edit this file), but that could be fixed
without destroying the interface that they've provided.

	sean