Re: Security releases for ecosystems that use static linking

On Mon, 18 Mar 2024, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
One solution which has been discussed in the past is to import a full copy
of stable towards stable-security at the beginning of each release cycle,
but that is currently not possible since security-master is a Ganeti VM
and the disk requirements for a full archive copy would rather require
a baremetal host.

(... suggestion of Emilio ...)

Thoughts?

The idea is nice, but needs someone to implement it.

Anyway, the problem is not really new. Since many years, not to say decades, I hear that there is not enough space on security-master.
I also hear that Debian has so much money and problems to spend it.
So why not solve this problem by buying new hardware? This can not be that difficult. Is there any reason why security-master needs to be a Ganeti VM?

  Thorsten