Re: Call for seconds: Delegate to the DPL

Gunnar Wolf <gwolf@debian.org> writes:

> This is also something we discussed before sending this call for
> votes. But how can we gauge whether the project is OK with issuing
> political statements or not? The only tool we were able to find is a GR.

To be very clear, I have absolutely no objections to the GR being held,
and I agree with this analysis.  That I am currently leaning against it in
no way is intended to imply that I am unhappy that it was proposed.  I was
slow to comment in part because it took me a couple of weeks to figure out
what I thought, and that to me implies that this is a good GR.  The
outcome is not obvious and this is not something that we've settled on as
a project.

> This, however, _is_ something I want to insist on: I don't think we
> should fear GRs. I am of the opinion that we should hold more GRs, that
> they should guide and aid more of our project decisions -- GRs should
> not be divisive or "nuclear", but a tool for gauging project acceptance
> of an idea.

I completely agree.