Conflict of Interest Statement for sam Hartman

>* Conflict of interest: I'm happy to see that your and Joerg's
>employers would support your DPL activities.  However, I've no idea who
>they are or what they want from Debian.  Maybe they use Debian and
>want to give back with no strings attached, but I could definitely see
>a situation where a company tries to exert undue influence over Debian
>by having the DPL on payroll.

My employer is Hadron Industries (http://www.hadronindustries.com/) .

We're a US government contractor owned by Klee Dienes (a Debian
developer).
We use Debian in our products, both real hardware and virtual.
As a result we would like to see Debian succeed and be great.

We're a small company, and we're just now getting to the stage where
things are working well enough internally that we can start talking
about giving back to the community.

If Debian works well both on desktop and server hardware, life is easier
for us.
If Debian is easy to accredit in government environments, life is easier
for us.

I have not felt that my Debian hat and my Hadron hat were in conflict so
far.  If I do, I'll talk to my employer and if I cannot resolve the
issue so that there isn't an appearance of conflict, bring it up with
the appropriate channels in the project so people are aware.
Awareness of conflict of interest is something I take quite seriously.

Thanks for asking.

--Sam