Re: Is free software political?

On 15348 March 1977, Jonathan Carter wrote:

My question is to the other 4 DPL candidates, and I'm happy to answer it
too if anyone is interested in my view.

Yes, please go.

1. Do you think that free software is inherently political? Do you think
there's place for politics in free software?
2. The same as #1, but for Debian instead of free software.

The answer is the same.

Yes, Debian (and free software in general) is definitely political. Like
it or not, but creating something that is free for anyone to use,
modify, redistribute and of course learn from is a political thing. Even
if one doesn't like politics and ignores that side.

--
bye, Joerg