Re: Q to Mehdi: safe and fun

On Fri, Mar 31, 2017 at 04:00:49AM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> If you want to ban someone from a mailing list, you may contact list-masters.
> If you want to ban someone from IRC, you may contact IRC operators.
> if you want to ben someone from the project, you may contact DAM.
> If you contact the DPL, then you're asking for some mediation.

I must say I'm disappointed by this response in the context of debconf-team…

Banning someone is a last step, what's lacking are steps before that.

Granted mediation *is* a step before banning, but IMO it didnt work well in
the context of debconf-team… though "didnt work well" is a very mild way to
put it :-(

Also, I think mediation was tried way too late (=years), after several team
members burned out, left and were not interested in mediation anymore.

(Sadly I have not much constructive to say here right now…)

--
cheers,
	Holger