Re: REISSUED CfV: General Resolution: Init system coupling

On Sun, Nov 09, 2014 at 01:24:16AM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:
> >I'm also utterly disgusted that this GR was proposed by Ian, someone who
> >perceives himself as loser of the tech-ctte decision (instead of accepting
> >a group decission of a group which he is part of) and thus deciced to beat
> >Debian into shape via this GR
>
> You can't decide such a thing single-handedly. Are you also disgusted that
> 11 people seconded Ian's proposal?

What? He can't decide ingle-handedly that he's disgusted? Which content do I miss?

> >- and who has already announced that he will not keep quiet if he looses
> >the GR and only will be quiet if he wins.
>
> Presumably you're referring to
> <21595.36886.724024.723042@chiark.greenend.org.uk>. Oh wait, no.

I'd assume he was referring to:

> If my GR passes we will only have to have this conversation if those
> who are outvoted do not respect the project's collective decision.

> If my GR fails I expect a series of bitter rearguard battles over
> individual systemd dependencies.

This to me reads like the threat Holger mentioned. And for the record, I was
very surprised to this given the history of the decision.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at gmail dot com