Re: [all candidates] Debian as an FSF Free Software Distribution

On 2013-03-14 19:21, Paul Tagliamonte wrote:
What work will you be doing to continue Zach's efforts to negotiate with
the FSF over Debian's status as a Free Software Distribution?

Will you treat this issue as a priority? Can we expect continued open
dialogue with the FSF on this issue? Would you be willing to help find
the right concessions on both sides to collaborate?

I already commented in another message, talking about challenges for free software: "- Divisions. When we take free software as an ideological/political position, it is natural for us to defend our principles even against divergent views from others who believe in free software. For example, we have had significant disagreements with the FSF. However, factionalism damages our cause, and makes it harder for outsiders to hear the viewpoints that we share."