Re: Question for Charles Plessy (was: No answer for insulting and accusatory emails.)

Le Wed, Mar 24, 2010 at 11:58:47AM +0100, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt a écrit :

> OK, so I do have a few followup questions:
> (1) What do you consider to be insulting or accusatory?
> (2) As example: Will you, as DPL, consider "You haven't answered in the
>     past four weeks" as accusatory?
> (3) How will we, as DDs, know if you consider something as insuluting or
>     accusatory?
> (4) Do you believe ignoring conflicts to be a solution?

Hi again,

ignoring conflicts is the best way to have them explode at the worse moment.
On the other hands, being insulted on a mailing list does not call for an
answer. This is the best receipe for having flamewars.

If I am elected DPL, I will not ignore requests. Neither will I filtrate my
mailbox (but deleting spam by hand also leads to accidental loss of messages).
I will read all my emails.

I hope I will not disapoint you, but I will not give a lecture of what is an
insult or what is not. I promise that I will not nitpick people's words to find
excuses to not do my DPL work.

Lastly, for the meaning of ‘accusatory’, perhaps I could have found a better
word? But I am not a native speaker. What I mean is that if in one message,
somebody writes ‘you want this [bad thing]’ or ‘you did not do that [good
thing]’, it can be better to refrain to answer in a discussion that goes
nowhere. As a DPL, however, I would clarify if people spread false informations
on our mailing lists.

Charles