Re: Ted replies to Martin (Re: Questions to candidates Towns and van Wolffelaar: debian-volatile)

On Sun, Mar 12, 2006 at 09:23:37PM -0300, Felipe Augusto van de Wiel (faw) wrote:
They will definitely need to be Debian Developers.

	With that in mind, you have just "kicked me off" the Volatile
	Team.  :-)

Non-DD contributors are important to Debian, and they deserve greater
recognition and support from the project.  If a volatile developer were
to be making uploads to the queue and things like that, they would need
to be a DD because of how our key-signing and security stuff works.
Being a DD implies a level of trust that the person is who they say they
are, and are reachable and responsible for their actions.  This does not
mean that every member of the volatile team has to be a DD, or that only
DD's make important contributions.

Frankly, I would like to see greater diversity in Debian; DD's have
always had yeoman status, but what of those who just want a few rights
of common without the responsibility of maintaining a fief?  I think we
need to allow for that.

Ted

--
It's not true unless it makes you laugh, but you don't understand it until it makes you weep.

Eukleia: Ted Walther
Address: 5690 Pioneer Ave, Burnaby, BC  V5H2X6 (Canada)
Contact: 604-430-4973