Re: Proposal - Deferment of Changes from GR 2004-003

On Wed, Apr 28, 2004 at 04:11:53AM +0100, MJ Ray wrote:
> On 2004-04-28 03:33:54 +0100 Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org> wrote:
> >I second this proposal.

> Not picking on Joe in particular, but will there ever be a proposal
> dropped from the sky without discussion by a generally-known name that
> doesn't gain enough seconds for a vote before it can be fixed?

> "Further discussion" would be a really just vote for this sort of poor
> action.

So please discuss, propose amendments, and get them seconded (or
accepted).  Our procedures make it piss-easy to get alternate options on
the ballot; I can't believe, from following this list, that the reason
the previous GR failed to be fixed was because the discussion period was
cut short in the midst of serious progress.

I am not particularly interested in providing a comprehensive list of
ballot options to cover all possible views of DDs, here.  What I *am*
interested in doing is getting a GR out the door that will put an end to
the current pointless flaming (which is what I thought the first GR was
supposed to achieve, sigh) and put us back on track for getting a stable
release out this summer.  If you believe this particular proposal is
ill-considered or wrong, please see paragraph one.  Two weeks should be
plenty of time to convince five of your friends that your idea is
better.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer