Re: GR: Alternative editorial changes to the SC

On Thu, Apr 08, 2004 at 10:36:07PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
> Herbert Xu knows of non-free firmware in the kernel sources and is
> leaving it in main until someone else finds it.  That's certainly
> deliberate and active, if not deception.

That's not really accurate. Herbert seems to be leaving those drivers in
until the project decides what to do about the whole problem. The kernel
source tree is huge and I can't see any sign that Herbert is aware of
particular problems but ignoring them.

Hamish