Re: General Resolution: Handling of the non-free section: proposedBallot

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> But when i was accepted in the debian project, the social contract
> clearly said that if i wanted to package non-free packages, they would
> be distributed by the debian infrastructure. This is a promise the
> project made to me, as i made the promise to agree with the social
> contract. Changing it now is a break of thrust, especially as the
> presence in non-free doesn't in any way cause disconfort to you, while
> its absense will cause more work to me.

No, it's not a "breach of trust".  You were never promised that the SC
would never change, and if you can no longer participate in the
project with it changed, then that's your decision.  Stay or go, I
don't care which.

I was promised that Debian would remain 100% free software.  You want
to break that promise?

Or perhaps you could ratchet down the rhetoric, and stop accusing me
of dishonesty and trying to control you and all the rest.

Nor did Debian ever promise that whatever non-free packages you would
want be supported by the infrastructure.  Debian does not promise to
any developer that their package will be carried, free or non-free.

Thomas