Re: non-free and users?

Anthony Towns wrote:
On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 11:08:53PM +0100, Sergey V. Spiridonov wrote:

Are you sure, that free software have higher priority for your
than non-free?

Execuse me please, if I abused you somehow, but it is really not clear
for me from what you were saying. I show my misunderstanding by this
wondering. There can be lot of reasons why someone choose to spend time
working and distributing non-free software and to spend time on
supporting and advocating non-free software.

And I spend time working on free software. Imagine that. There are
plenty of tools to find out information about who you're talking to,
and at worst, you can always ask. There's no need to make offensive
insinuations like the above from a basis of ignorance.

Even if it will be You who created all of the GNU software it will
not help my understanding of what You said.
I am grateful very much to You for the work that You did and do, (I use
it every day at home and at work). The fact that I am so much obliged to
You is not a reason for me to agree with any nonsence which You can say.

Anyway, I am not interested in continueing the discussion in such a way.
Since you are not the first one who think he is abused by my opinion I
decided to stop discussing this issue. Probably ethical questions are
too personal for discussing them on public list without abusing someone,
or it is just not right place and time.

--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov