Re: non-free and users?

Raul Miller wrote:

I think we got an agreement on what is that action which is the source
of all problems specific to non-free. It is distribution under non-free
license.

No, you can have problems specific to the license without distribution.
For example, if the problem is that you can't distribute it.

But this situation is caused by another act of distribution. Because of
this another act which happened before I got the program.

We also (I hope) got an agreement on the fact that providing
people of what they need is good.

Sometimes.  However, if providing what one person needs would harm
someone else, that wouldn't be good.  This sort of situation tends to
require a specific judgement call, and different people would tend to
make different decisions, based on their own outlooks and priorities.

I mostly agree with you. In this case I mean that providing
people what they need is always good, but can also produce
bad at the same time or later. Your are talking probably about the sum
of good and evil produced by the particular action during the infinite
time period. Probably we should always be specific about such details, if it is not clear from context.

Do you agree with this?

We got an agreement (probaly I am too optimistic) on those examples
which I provide, at least regarding the question on how the evil is
produced. Is this true?

If by agreement, you mean "recognition that there are cases where your
examples accurately represent the situation", then yes.

Good enough.

--
Best regards, Sergey Spiridonov