Re: one of the many reasons why removing non-free is a dumb idea

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 10:59:10PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 09:17:17PM -0600, John Goerzen wrote:
> > Providing a distribution platform for non-free software seems to greatly
> > moderate the incentive the non-free authors would have to relicense
> > their software under the GPL; it seems that the areas that we have been
> > successful already are testament to what we have the potential to do
> > were we to carry an even larger carrot and stick.
>
> Please provide examples.

We're still missing those examples, please John.

You asked Craig Sanders to prove that our placing KDE in non-free helped
to have its license changed. Please provide proof that that change
would've occurred sooner if we hadn't packaged KDE at all, or an
equivalent example.

Hamish