* Raul Miller

(Sorry for Cc-ing you on the last post; it was not my intention.)

| On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 03:33:17PM +0200, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
| > You're jumping through a lot of hoops to get to somewhere which is a bit
| > like multiarch, but not quite.  And you'll end up with something less
| > capable, more ugly and a lot more work to support properly when
| > upgrading to multiarch.  Doing the full dance is less work.
|
| You don't know that.  Multiarch isn't designed yet.

You are wrong on this respect.  I designed it, with lots and lots and
lots of input from many other DDs over the last half year.  Matt Taggart
did a lot of the file system layout work, which was needed for LSB
multiarch.

It doesn't have a full-scale implementation yet, but it does have a
design.

                                                                      `. `'
                                                                        `-