Goswin von Brederlow <brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de> writes:

> That would mean patching the kernel and porting the binfmt-elf ia32 to
> be a binfmt misc extention and only loading that if ia32-libs is
> installed.
>
> No way.

It's rapidly becoming obvious why you folks are not succeeding; you
can't keep track of your own conversation.

Put a fake loader in place which prints a useful error message.  That
would be a rather trivial solution--and one I already described.

You know, if you want my support, I've been pretty crystal clear what
it would take.  What seems clear is that you don't want to hear any
solutions but what you have already chosen.  While natural and
understandable, this also leads to the kinds of impasses you have
found so far.

My advice is to stop GRs and instead try to compromise.

Thomas