On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 06:19:20PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Now there is a *different* question: should the current amd64 be in
> sid?  I can see no reason why not, but then, I wonder why you all
> didn't get it in sid *long* ago.  We put hurd-i386 in sid almost from
> the very first day.

To be fair, bug #248043 was filed some time ago.

It seems to me, after reading that bug, that getting the port into sid
has been stalled on questions about the treatment of biarch [actually,
probably more from the lack of an adequate statement of the nature of
IA32 support than anything else].

There also seem to be some purely mechanical issues (for example, amount
of free space on the servers).

--
Raul