On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 03:54:29PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 15, 2004 at 10:46:12AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> > >
> > > As you can guess by the context, I was referring to the DAM approval part.
> >
> > That doesn't change anything about what I said (except that the example
> > is no longer valid). The DAM approval state is not simply an
> > administrative procedure; the DAM reviews all applications, and it is he
> > who finally allows or rejects an application, because he is the only
> > official delegate in the NM procedure. Although rare, rejections at the
> > DAM stage do happen -- ask Goswin von Brederlow, for example.
>
> Really nice, but I already knew that. Now can you tell me what prevents FIFO
> processing?

Doing it in FIFO would mean the DAM would not be allowed to start
processing whoever's next before finishing up reviewing the one at the
top of the queue. That's braindead; the DAM could, for example, find a
problem that would require further explanation before this person could
be processed; or could see someone in the queue whom he knows to be
competent and valuable and would want to process first.

> (Note: if you can't answer my question refrain from attempting to deviate it
> into an unrelated matter.)

I'm not even remotely trying that. Gee.

--
         EARTH