On Wed, Jul 14, 2004 at 12:36:35AM +0100, Scott James Remnant wrote:

> > Its a chicken and egg problem, lack of communication creates dissent.
> > Dissent leads to open hosility which you see here. There have been
> > problems wrt James lack of communication for many years, certainly long
> > before I was involved with the amd64 port, all you have to do is look
> > through old archives regarding ftpmaster, DAM, keyring maintainence,
> > etc.
> I really don't see this problem.  I have absolutely no problem
> communicating with James, in fact I'm doing so right now.  Nothing to do
> with this issue, just two developers communicating with each other.

That's fine for you. But it doesn't mean that other DDs or non-DDs
experienced a different side of James.

> I strongly suspect there are many others in Debian who also have no
> problems communicating with James.

And there are many others that actually have those problems and I don't
think it's their fault, when James can't differ personal dislikes and duties
of his job as being in a role position.

> I expect it's because we say things like "James, have you got a minute?"
> and "thanks for your help" instead of "[YOU] ARE [TOO] LAZY TO WORK AND
> [TOO] LEET TO COMMUNICATE WITH SECOND-CLASS DDs. [I WANT YOU TO] BE
> REMOVED FROM [YOUR] POSITIONS"

You're totally ignore that most of the people that are pissed off by the
non-communication by James (& others) now tried to communicate with him in
prior times with all given respect and politeness.

The ongoing complaints from different and steadily growing number of persons
having problems with James & others should be a clear sign to act now and
not to either hide or simply ignore this problem.
Ignoring this will make DDs and non-DDs to drop their work for Debian. Is
this really what you want?

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/