Re: Ready to vote on 2004-003?

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> schrieb:

> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 08:40:17PM -0700, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
>> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>> > Before you vote, you need to _think about the consequences of your vote_.
>> One of the things we would like to know is what *you* think the
>> consquences of various votes would be on a particular question.
>
> That's nice. How about you try thinking for yourself, instead?

Been there, done that. Came to the conclusion that the proposed (now
accepted) change to the SC had no effect on the release of sarge.

This was evidently wrong, and one reason for this is that some people,
including you, thought differently about this.

You have more influence on this than I have (and that's pretty
good). Therefore I would appreciate very much to hear from *you* what
you think about the consequences of the proposed changes. It doesn't
help me at all to "try thinking for myself" if I come up with the
conclusion that some vote will allow this and that, and later find out
that our Release Manager has a different opinion.

Regards, Frank
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie