Re: Branden's Platform in German, Spanish, Italian, and (some) French

On 20 Mar 2004 23:45:49 -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> said:

> Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> writes:
>> > I have been told more than once by Debian developers (Christian
>> > Marillat is a prime offender) that "this bug is now fixed in
>> > upstream", and had the bug closed then, even though no Debian
>> > package has been uploaded.
>>
>> That is a bug in the maintainer.

> Alas, Debian has no way to file bugs on the maintainer.

> This is a source of frequent frustration, not just for me, but for
> others too.

	Perhaps not formally, no. But, as in any social group, there
 are forums where individual issues can be raised in, and there is
 the tech ctte to appeal to as a last resort.

> I've even complained about this more than once on debian-devel, and
> been told to just get over it.

	You do have to learn to deal with group dynamics of any large
 social organization, yes.

	manoj
--
"Poetry, like chastity, can be carried to far." Mark Twain