Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 11:26:17AM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> The compromise was: "non-free can be on the FTP site, as long as
> everybody knows and agrees that it's not part of Debian".

You'd think that if everyone were supposed to know and agree to this that
there's be some kind of explicit promise which people were required to
make to that effect.

Instead, the only thing you can point at is a SUBTITLE and -- if you
want to get fancy -- the absence of some specific phrases from a rather
brief document.

In other words, you're taking an ambiguity and blowing it out of
proportion.

In my opinion, what that document is promising is a lack of dependencies
on non-free, not a requirement that people talk a certain way.

--
Raul