Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org> writes:

> I think that is incredibly misleading.  I suspect based on thought
> that has gone into many of the messages on this list that man months
> of time have been dedicated to this discussion.

Well, is there anyone who has been forced?  I think there are people
who feel forced to participate in this discussion because they think a
disaster is going to happen, so they have to push as hard as they
possibly can, and they wouldn't have to if it weren't threatened.

> I ask you to be responsible in looking at the results of this
> election.  If the results make it clear that most of the voters have
> made up their minds and are done with the discussion, then let the
> issue rest.

The only reason to bring up a new GR would be because one has a good
belief that it would pass, of course.  I'm just saying that voting for
option two is not some kind of command that this is "forever
settled".  It at best settles it for the time being.

Thomas