Re: Questions to candidates

* Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> [2004-03-02 20:31]:
> Well thanks for the clarification.  I just want to make sure that this

BTW, there's something else I wanted to clarify.  Something asked me
about this in private, and I thought I'd answer her as well.
Basically the question is whether I am trying to "assimilate" all
Debian based projects into Debian and whether this is a good idea.

I realize my platform might not have been clear about this.  I am not
trying to merge all Debian based projects into Debian - not if it
doesn't make sense to do so.  In some cases, it makes sense to merge
work into Debian; but I realize that a certain autonomy give those
projects flexibility which is important.  For example, it gives them
the freedom to do released independent from our release cycle.  So I'd
like to clarify: I intend to work together with other projects as
close as possible; and if it makes sense, then effort should be
combined and merged.  However, I realize that this is not possible in
all cases, and that those projects benefit from their autonomy.

> Trick question: Do you plan to do this step before or after moving
> documentation with non-free licenses to non-free. ;-)

My plan is to get the license changed so the documentation is free
according to our rules.  See my other posting in this thread.

--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com