Re: thoughts on potential outcomes for non-free ballot

On Sat, Jan 24, 2004 at 01:37:24AM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> > But you haven't been trying to prove anything to them, you've been
> > using this as an argument for why non-free shouldn't be dropped.
>
> That's an extremely foggy distinction.

Not at all.

You have not been demonstrating that GFDL documentation does not need
to be removed as a result of removing non-free.

You have been asserting that GFDL documentation needs to be removed as
a result of removing non-free.

These two things are in direct conflict.

> > > Finally, note that software currently in main which does not satisfy
> > > all of our guidelines will get dropped -- there will be no "fallback
> > > position".  In particular, I'm thinking of GFDL licensed documentation,
> > > but I can't guarantee that that's all.
>
> > There is no attempt here to point out the inherent contradiction -
> > rather, you're trying to suggest that dropping non-free is somehow
> > responsible for this.
>
> I don't understand you here.

Since you seem to be acting in bad faith, I'll just assume that means
that you can't think of a response. (It's the same as above, for those
following along)

> So, in essence, you seem to be claiming that the above quoted paragraph
> about GFDL documentation getting dropped from main doesn't provide enough
> specifics to be refutable if it were false?
>
> I don't understand how you could possibly think that.

Because it provides no rationale. Duh.

It's just another assertion of a vague "problem" without any detail.

 : :' :  http://www.debian.org/ |