Re: Constitutional amendment: Condorcet/Clone Proof SSD vote tallying

Hi,

Markus Schulze wrote:
> In short: The winner according to Manoj's May 15 proposal
> can be cyclic even when the voters don't change their minds.

Wrong. Reason: The default option is never "keep the current status", it's
"further discussion". If we run a vote which results in action A, the vote
gets repeated for some reason, and nobody changes their mind, then the result
is again going to be A because the quorum requirements didn't change.

You can't get a cycle with three non-default options; I just checked. You're
welcome to try to build one with more options than that. Conditions: None of
the options in question are the default option, any of them may be below
quota, quota is ignored for the option which is "current", i.e. has been
elected in the previous step.

My gut feeling is that, even if you can do it, such a situation is very
unlikely to occur in a real election.

--
Matthias Urlichs   |   {M:U} IT Design @ m-u-it.de   |  smurf@smurf.noris.de
The early bird catches the worm as a rule, but the guy who comes along later