Re: Another proposal.

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 05:07:11PM -0500, Raul Miller wrote:
> Normally, quorum applies to a meeting.  What sequence of events in
> Debian's voting process do you hold as analogous to "a meeting"?

The number of people who receive the ballot (and read it) would be the
ones attending the meeting, which would be difficult to measure.

The number of people expressing their vote is easier to measure, and
should (in my opinion) be used for quorum here. It is already used in
some voting events, i think, where only expressed votes are counted for
meeting quorum.

But then i agree that the default option thingy is complicating things
here.

Still, the fact of not showing up for the vote (in hope of the vote not
reaching quorum) can only be done if you are pretty sure that not enough
people will show up, because if there is enough people who show up to
meet quorum, they will probably be people voting for the other side, and
thus win their super majority requirement.

I also think there is something like a quorum of all members, not only
expressed votes, or something such.

Friendly,

Sven Luther