Re: supermajority options

>>"Anthony" == Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org> writes:

 Anthony> On Thursday, November 21, 2002, at 12:03 PM, Branden Robinson wrote:
 >> I suggest you ask the Project Secretary's opinion before pursuing this
 >> line of reasoning too far (7.1.3).

 Anthony> If the secretary doesn't chime in to this thread, I'll try and
 Anthony> remember to ask. I'll also do some thorough searching to see if I can
 Anthony> find it mentioned previously.

	Two year ago, we had nother GR that was held up pending the
 resolution of the voting methodology, and this GR was to disambiguate
 the process of modifying or superceding documents.

	The topic was controversial then, and is likely to be
 controversial now. There was an amendment to the GR (and I think I
 was the proposer) that would introduce the a special cased class
 called foundation documents, to cover initially the constitution, the
 social contract, and the DFSG, and proposed that these documents
 require a rough consensus in order to be altered or superceded.

	I intend to bring that GR out of the mothballs once the voting
 GR is done.

	I would rather that we resolve the disagreement about
 modifying the social contract, and determine the mechanisms to do so,
 and determine whether a constitutional amendment is needed at all to
 insert wording about amending/superceding core documents before we go
 to the non free GR.

	I think I had mentioned earlier that the voting GR was the
 first of 3 GR's that have been pending since before my tenure
 started, and that I fully intended to process them as fast as we can.

	manoj
--
 "We're running out of adjectives to describe our situation.  We had
 crisis, then we went into chaos, and now what do we call this?" said