Re: Request for comments [voting amendment]

Hi,

Raul Miller:
> 	   The more votes in favor of a defeated option, the weaker
> 	   the defeat.	Where two pairs of options have the same number
> 	   of votes in favor of the defeated option, the fewer votes in
> 	   favor of the defeating option, the weaker the defeat.

Why? If we eliminate A>>B, then in effect we throw away the votes of those
people who voted A in favor of B (the others are already represented, in
the Schwartz set, by B>>C>>A). It makes sense to throw away as few votes
as possible. Therefore the weakest defest would be the one with the fewest
votes in favor of A or, those being equal, the more votes in favor of B.

In other words, these two clauses should be switched.

(Note that when people rate all choices, the two are equivalent.)

--
Matthias Urlichs     |     noris network AG     |     http://smurf.noris.de/