Re: questions: programming and leadership experience

Le Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 01:25:06AM +0100, David N. Welton écrivait:
> 1) How long have you been in the software industry?  (Doing what kinds
>    of work?)

I'm still a student, but I already have some experience in the (free)
sotfware industry :
- I launched (with some friends) my own enterprise during the dotcom
  period. We created the software behind www.deenoo.com and
  www.beetell.com. I coordinated the work on the "backend".
  That was 2 year ago.
- 3 years ago, I participated in the creation of Logidée
  (www.logidee.com), a professionnal training company dedicated to free
  software. I worked there last summer and (re)wrote the "Logidee tools",
  which is free software (cf logidee-tools package).
- I also helped in the creation of a Debian based distribution
  specialized in education (for french only). It has been contributed
  by Logidée and is due to be announced RSN. The specification
  of this distribution was made by a working group called "linuxpedagogie" :
  http://shalmaneser.sortilege.org/cndp/pedagogie/
  The code we wrote (that is of general interest to Debian) has been
  contributed in the debian-installer CVS.
- I'm actually working at France Telecom R&D, I'm porting
  a java framework for virtual world (large-scale distributed world) to
  the Pocket PC (using personal java). I'm using Debian as
  development platform.

If you have more precise questions about something I stated here, don't
hesitate.