Re: Sourceforge Site for Debian

Hi,

Le Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 09:40:12AM +0100, Martin Schulze écrivait:
> informs us about a generous donation in the UK consisting of some five
> servers with connectivity.  After a moment of embarrasment the idea
> grew to use them as sourceforge like site for Debian.  However,
> NOTHING but discussion happend.
>
> Oh... of course... I could be fierce and ask Raphaël, why he didn't
> focus on implementing this already...  It's only a little bit more
> than three months ago...

Heh :-)

The explanation is that "Sourceforge for Debian" was of very little
interest for me several months ago, it's only once you suggested me
the idea (it's due to you this item in my project), that I considered
it and thought about the advantages it could bring us. Then I contacted
Roland Mas (Lo-Lan-Do on IRC) to see if he would be willing to implement
it and if he thought it was a good idea.

That's all. :-)

> PS: The name doesn't matter, call it devel.debian.org to remove any
> trademarked name, or call it savannah.debian.org to show the friendship
> with the FSF.  We could also use the Savannah-fork of Sourceforge etc.
> (we only need to do it...)

Exactly.