Re: Opinions on crypto-in-main

tb@becket.net (Thomas Bushnell, BSG) writes:

> 1) Do you think we have all the legal advice necessary to begin
>    implementing the crypto-in-main transition?

Yes.

> 2) Do you believe crypto-in-main is an important goal?  Why or why
>    not?

I touched on this in my platform.  Quoting from there:

  I think we could also do a better job of helping our users be secure in
  the things they do with Debian, by enabling crypto support in more of the
  applications we ship. Having to build and support both crypto and non-crypto
  versions of some of our key applications has taken a lot of energy that
  could have gone to better use. That's why I'm such a strong supporter of
  the effort to move Open Source crypto into US main, and thrilled that we're
  on the verge of implementing the change as I write this text.

> 3) Barring unforeseen difficulties, would you push to have the
>    crypto-in-main transition done during this year?

Frankly, I hope we have crypto in US main before we have a new DPL elected...

  :-)

Bdale