Re: debian services and responsibility

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 05:04:19PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 02:47:58PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, Branden Robinson wrote:
> >
> > > No, in fact I'd venture to say it's unacceptable.
> >
> > Huh?
> >
> > Not only is it acceptable, but it is a necessary situtation for an
> > organization in our position.
>
> A situation where the unavailabilty was unaccompanied by any sort of
> announcement to the developers after 2 days, "nobody has a firm handle
> on the situation", and "the few people who do have physical access don't

-=- snip -=-

Maybe this is just my two cents, but people have a tendancy on focussing
on another's mistakes. It is almost we forget that we learn though our
mistakes. Branden has taken a lot of heat for the original comment. I sincerely
hope that people can look beyond an "over enthusiastic response" as a
diplomatic learning experience and not disqualify Branden before the race
ends.

Thanks,
Adam