Re: Question to Candidates

Le Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 12:08:28PM +0100, Martin Schulze écrivait:
>  1. How are you going to address public auditors on major events
>     (such as LWE, FOSDEM, DebConf, LinuxTag etc.) with speaches?
>     I read that not all of you were going to many events in the
>     past or giving talks.

It's true that I haven't attended many events. I was at DebConf0 (2 years
ago) and at the french LinuxExpo in Paris in the same year. I
participated in several `Journées du libre' (a big yearly event
organized by my local LUG) in France and recently gave a talk about the
`Logidée tools' during an event dedicated to free software in
education.

If I'm elected, I'll participate for sure in several of the biggest
european events at least. For the other continents, it will depend
on each case ...

I'll also repeat what I've said in my platform :
| However it's not always possible to go everywhere you're invited and
| thus I'm thinking about the possibility to appoint local representatives
| of the leader (volunteers of course).

I hope that this will motivate some people to give Debian speeches at
the major events. They'll have the required legitimacy because they
are delegates of the leader and thus they'd probably have the same
conditions than the leader with respect to hosting/transportation
facilities.

Of course, those representatives would be volunteers who have contacted
the leader and who expressed their interests in doing so. If several
people wish to be the representatives for the same "zone", either they
agree together to share the work-load, or the leader will have to
designate one according to the experience and so on.

I hope this answers your question, if not feel free to ask me again
on details that I have not adressed.

Cheers,

PS: BTW, that's one point of Branden's platform that I do like.