Re: Logo swap vote is bogus

On Wed, Jun 30, 1999 at 01:57:36AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> Well, quite.  If people had left it alone, I probably would have too, at least
> until last weekend when I found myself explaining to several people that I
> couldn't sell them a swirl T-Shirt, because they were licensed in a way that
> probably meant that only developers, on official business can wear them :-(
> (we were giving away CDs at the time, which seems sort of official)

Well, if my proposal passes, you get to sell/give away those shirts.  If
not, the situation you describe will remain true for quite some time.

> Here's my problem.  Subverting the process by proposing something that is
> tangential to ones aims seems plain wrong to me.  We're not sneaky politicians
> here, so why are we acting like them ?

You tell me.  I made a proposal that embodied something I sincerely wanted
to see (though I wasn't inflamed with passion about it), and did my best to
handle it in accordance with the Debian Constitution.  My apologies if this
reeks of political corruption.

> You went on on to say two other things:
>
>   1) the logo swap was aired during the vote.
>   2) the Modified swirl lost, so should be discounted
>
> Where was the swap discussed?
>
> Let me guess: On debian-vote prior to it being published on the archive pages?
>  Would that also be the hiding place that was found for the definition of
> ``Modified Swirl'' ?

These unfounded accusations are really tiresome.