Re: First Call for votes: General resolution for the handling of the non-free section

Craig Sanders <cas@taz.net.au> writes:

> tell you what - you write YOUR words however you like according to YOUR
> standards, and i'll write my words according to mine.

That's funny, given that your unacceptable words were an effort to try
and tell people that they should stop talking about something.

Indeed, your self-justification was that people say bad things, and
that makes it ok for you to lash out the way you do.

Apparently you don't do a very good job of thinking that other people
should write whatever they want according to their standards.

> in my opinion, pedantic idiocy is far more offensive than swearing.
> it is far more rude and most definitely unacceptable, and it needs
> to stop.

What happened to "you write your words however you like"?

> tell you what, you rail about my occasional swearing and i'll rail
> about the constant bouts of pedantic idiocy.  no scratch that, i
> don't have time to complain every single time it happens....but you
> go ahead and feel free to have a whinge every time i swear.  once
> every few months shouldn't be too often for you.

Feel free to complain.  It's the manner in which you do so which is
unacceptable, not the fact that you are complaining.

> oh, right.  i sometimes swear, therefore i am a misogynist - we'll
> conveniently forget the inherent misogyny in YOUR pseudo-logical
> contortions (e.g.  [🔎] 87znawz5cf.fsf@becket.becket.net) where you tried
> very hard to "prove" that any woman complaining about sexism is
> actually sexist themselves *BECAUSE* she is complaining about men.
> sheer genius....or it would be if it wasn't so transparently
> obvious.

Of course, that's a gross misrepresentation of what I said, and it
doesn't excuse you for creating a hostile environment.

Thomas