Re: "keep non-free" proposal

On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 01:54:09PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Mar 07, 2004 at 11:47:16AM +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> > > And believing
> > > that ftp.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free is part of Debian seems to be
> > > quite common,
> >
> > That's because it's true. That directory is part of a service provided
> > by the Debian project.
>
> This is an excellent reason to get the name off of the service.  I
> want the name "Debian" to be associated with free software.  I'm
> willing to vote for that.

So, would you be opposed to have non-free stay on the debian
infrastructure, and have some DNS magic mapping non-free.org to it, and
this being the exclusive way of accessing this ? This would, i believe
be a very costless way of achieving what you want, without excessive
cost to our infrastructure.

Sure, the problem would be in how the mirrors do handle this.

Friendly,

Sven Luther