Re: The "Free" vs. "Non-Free" issue

One non-free package which can be replaced relatively straightforwardly:

mpg123 (non-free) is approximately equal to mpg321 (in main)

Just a datum point - I expect I'll now get lots of people contradicting
me but one package would be a start :)

To reiterate one of my points in favour of Debian and the Debian
Project infrastructure being considered entirely as DFSG-free: if
as a project, we were to concentrate henceforward only on DFSG-free
software, it might be easier for me to convince my bosses that they
could use Debian more freely and not risk paying large licence fees /
face copyright infringement [which I can't categorically say for any
commercial distribution]. They are worried by FUD.

Now that HP have come out in support of Debian, thankfully there's one
argument less over "who can we get support from / who can we sue" :)

Andy