Re: Non-Constitutional Voting Procedure

Hi.

In <[🔎] 20001026130651.A22377@lambda.u-strasbg.fr>,
  on Thu, 26 Oct 2000 13:06:51 +0200,
 Sven LUTHER <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 05:26:31AM -0500, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> > On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 11:41:08AM +0200, Sven LUTHER wrote:

> > > depend on it go into contrib. but what if the packages is not even in
> > > non-free, you will have a package depending on a package that is compiled
> > > differently by every user. I don't know what this can make to bug reports.
> > No package can depend on a package that is not even in non-free. Be sure to
> > get mail bombed by the buildd's if you upload packages like that.

Quoted from "Debian Policy Manual" version 3.2.1.0, 2000-08-24:

   2. The Debian Archive
   2.1. Package copyright and sections
   2.1.3. The contrib section
   --------------------------

     Every package in "contrib" must comply with the DFSG.

     Examples of packages which would be included in "contrib" are
        * free packages which require "contrib", "non-free", or "non-US"
          packages or packages which are not in our archive at all for
          compilation or execution,
        * wrapper packages or other sorts of free accessories for non-free
          programs,

So the package which is DFSG compliant and requires "packages" which are
not in our archive at all for compilation or execution, can be put into
contrib.

--
  Taketoshi Sano: <sano@debian.org>,<sano@debian.or.jp>,<kgh12351@nifty.ne.jp>