Re: Suspicious "invoice" email?

On 17 May 2024 15:28 -0400, from armstrng@eskimo.com (PMA):
> I received the following today from (Jerry Henley at) Ella White
> <eltonsshurtz0@gmail.com>.
>
> I suspect fraud here, so have not opened the invoice he/she attached.
>
> Can you possibly tell me whether the message is legitimate?

The email came through a public mailing list, so as others have
already said, there's zero reason to believe that it is a legitimate
invoice intended for you (for any value of "you").

Therefore: Just delete the email.

Also note that the "from" name and email address is almost certainly
faked in some way shape or form. It may or may not actually belong to
a real person, but even if it does, that person is almost certainly a
victim themselves. DO NOT direct any complaints to that email address;
more generally, do not direct complaints to the envelope-from email
address of _any_ spam.

Spam occasionally getting through here is an unfortunate side-effect
of the debian-user mailing list being set up to allow people who
aren't already subscribed to it to post to it.

--
Michael Kjörling                     🔗 https://michael.kjorling.se
“Remember when, on the Internet, nobody cared that you were a dog?”