mail tags in kmail?

Dear list,

does anyone know, where kmail is storing its tags for mails? The tags I mean
are those like "already read".

Background: When I rsync  the folder with my mails, which is here ~/.kde/
share/apps/kmail/mail , to another computer, then all new mails are tagged as
"not read" on the target computer in kmail, although they were read on the
source computer in kmail.

Thus I believe, I did not rsync the tags, and they are stored somwhere else.

Does one know where? I hope, it is not in akonadi, as this is to feasable to
fiddly for me and implies too great danger to crash the whole thing.

Thanks for any answer.

Hans